Internship at Krishi Bhavans
The Department of Agriculture is offering an opportunity for aspiring educated youth for internship in the offices of the department such as Krishi Bhavans, Office of the Assistant Director of Agriculture, Principal Agricultural Office and Department Farms. Through this they can increase their awareness on the agricultural scenario of the state and gain hands on experience in crop planning and cultivation, marketing, extension, administration and allied fields. This will give them a better chance to interact with the farmers as well as functionaries in the agriculture and allied sectors.
The main objectives of the scheme are as follows
a) Interaction with farmers and those who wish to enter farming
b) Collection of information regarding
- Present crop area
- Crop Health status
- Anticipated time of harvest
- Estimated market arrival
- Market scenario and challenges faced by the producers in marketing
- Assessing availability of land for agriculture
- Resource mapping of the area
- Evaluation of the outcome of past interventions
- Channelising technical support wherever possible
c) Getting exposure to the functioning of the office with respect to
- Front Office management
- Updation of data / data entry
- Supporting extension activities within the office
Eligibility, Application and Selection procedure:
- Final year VHSE students, VHSE Certificate holders in Agriculture/Organic Farming and B.Sc Agriculture Graduates will be eligible for internship.
- Age should be between 18-41 years as on 01.08.2021
- Eligible candidates can apply for the scheme online.The application form (Annexure l) can be downloaded from the website and duly filled application form along with certificates is to be submitted at the time of interview.
- An amount of Rs.1000/ month will be given as incentive to the interns. The interns selected will assist and support the officials in the Department in conducting extension activities, distributing planting materials, collection of information from field, assisting farmers to gain maximum support from the Department and strengthening of Agricultural Markets, data entry works and such other works as mentioned in the module and as decided by the Agricultural Officer/Asst. Director of Agriculture/ Principal Agricultural Officer. The period of internship is 180 days (six months) and should be completed within this financial year. On succesful completion of the internship, the Principal Agricultural Officers should issue a certificate to the interns which can be utilised as an experience.
|1||Publicity on Mass media||Before 19.07.2021|
|4||Intimation to KB/Interns after selection||27.08.2021 & 31.08.2021|
|5||Commencement of internship||01.09.2021 onwards|
INTERNSHIP AT KRISHI BHAVAN-TRAINING MODULE
|Month||Module||Days of Internship||Details of Works to be carried out|
|l||Module 1||15 days||Front office management, familiarization of Krshi Bhavan activities, Administration, Record keeping, Laisoning with Local bodies, RTI, RTS|
|Module 2||15 days||Basic data updation, Field visits to update the present status of major crops of the panchayath|
|ll||Module 3||15 days||
Familiarization of AIMS portal and Farmer registration. Minimum 100 number of farmers to be registered, facilitating the farmers to apply for various schemes.
|Module 4||15 days||Field visit to plots of Progressive farmers, Success stories ( Short Video preparation) Visit to LEAD farmer, Block level AKC, Jaivagriham, Krishi Padasala|
|lll||Module 5||15 days||Soil sample collection, facilitating the farmers to understand a soil test result, data collection on traditional varities available in the panchayat, Rain shelter field visit, Geo tagging of One Crore fruit plants.|
|Module 6||15 days||PM Kisan field visit, Karshaka pension field visit for verification, familiarisation of other PSUs in Agri sector|
|lV||Module 7||15 days||Data bank -familiarization of the concept,
Field visit for monitoring Paddy Royalty Scheme, facilaitation of farmers for applying for Base price
|Module 8||15 days||Familiarization and implementation of all Schemes including LSGD schemes, claim preparation, trainings,|
|V||Module 9||30 days||Exclusive for market study- Details of weekly markets, DPC, Horticorp, VFPCK markets, Local markets, Ecoshops, Mapping of all markets, FPOs, Processing ,Storage and Value Addition|
|Vl||Module 10||15 days||BPKP, PKVY, Organic farming, ATMA Scheme, Farms, Hands on experience on bio inputs preparation|
|Module 11||15 days||Report Preparation|
Duly filled application form along with certificates is to be submitted at the time of interview
Date of Interview will be intimated by the Principal Agricultural Offficers of the Districts applied.
*ONLINE APPLICATION IS MANDATORY*