Internship at KrishiBhavans 2023-2024
The Department of Agriculture is offering an opportunity for aspiring educated youth for internship in the grass root level offices of the department such as KrishiBhavans. Through this they can increase their awareness on the agricultural scenario of the state and gain hands on experience in crop planning and cultivation, marketing, extension, administration and allied fields. This will give them a better chance to interact with the farmers as well as functionaries in the agriculture and allied sectors.
The main objectives of the scheme are to
- Provide an opportunity to understand and experience farming, from crop planning to marketing, impart hands on training on the services, interventions provided by the Department to farmers, help the extension machinery to reach the grass root levels of the society more effectively and in turn result in the better execution of Government programme and enlightening the younger generation and ultimately make them into responsible and sensitive
- Collect of information regarding the following aspects :
Present crop coverage in the field, Crop health situation, Anticipated time of harvest, Estimated market arrival, Market scenario and challenges faced by the producers in marketing, Assessing availability of land extent, Resource mapping of the area, Evaluation of the outcome of past interventions, Channeling technical support whenever possible.
- Get exposure to the functioning of the office with respect to
Front Office management, Updating of data / data entry, supporting extension activities within the office.
Eligibility, Application and Selection procedure:
- VHSE Certificate holders in Agriculture and Diploma holders in Agriculture/Organic Farming will be eligible for internship.
- Age should be between 18-41 years as on 01.08.2023
- Eligible candidates can apply for the scheme online. The application form (Annexure l) can be downloaded from the website and duly filled application form along with certificates is to be submitted at the time of interview.
- An amount of Rs.5000/- month will be given as incentive to the interns. The interns selected will assist and support the officials in the Department in conducting extension activities, distributing planting materials, collection of information from field, assisting farmers to gain maximum support from the Department and strengthening of Agricultural Markets, data entry works and such other works as mentioned in the module and as decided by the Agricultural Officer/Asst. Director of Agriculture/ Principal Agricultural Officer.
- The period of internship is 180 days and should be completed within this financial year. On successful completion of the internship, the Principal Agricultural Officers should issue a certificate to the interns which can be utilised as an experience certificate.
|1||Publicity on Mass media||from 14-09-2023|
|2||Online application||14-09-2023 to 19-09-2023|
|3||Interview /scrutiny||from 21-09-2023|
|4||Intimation to KB/Interns after selection||from 28-09-2023|
|5||Commencement of internship||28-09-2023 onwards|
Duly filled application form along with certificates is to be submitted at the time of interview
Date of Interview will be intimated by the Principal Agricultural Officers of the Districts / Assistant Director of Agriculture in blocks, wherever is applied.
*ONLINE APPLICATION IS MANDATORY*